Both boys got in on a little Ancient Egyptian action. Here they spread out glue-sand mixture to form sand cubes for a pyramid.
Ethan marked out the cubes and placed them in the sun to dry. We waited . . . and waited . . . and just when I was beginning to think our pyramid would take 20 years to be completed like Cheops' Great Pyramid, the cubes were dry.
Okay, perhaps not one of the wonders of the world, but fun!
"Ethan, the Sumerian" in cuneiform.
An impromptu nature lesson developed when two vultures perched 10 feet away on the roof of our one-story back area. It is never a comforting feeling when a seven-year-old's eyes get big as saucers as he looks past your shoulder and says, "Mom, look!" I whirled around to see this big guy. The vultures hung around for a while near a pigeon nest in the eaves, waiting to see if they could snatch an egg perhaps. We watched them for quite some time, but we were never able to get a picture of the two together, nor a picture that really does justice to their size.
I wonder if vultures circling your house in your first week of homeschooling means anything. On second thought, I don't want to know.
1 comment:
Lions, and tigers, and vultures -- oh, my! You might think your pictures don't do justice to their size, but they don't exactly look like parakeets or chickadees either! Great pics of your Egyptian lesson :). Love, Granny
Post a Comment