Friday, December 18, 2009

The Fifth Post of Christmas: Crafters Crafting

Beeeeeeeeeep! We interrupt this special Christmas blog program to bring you a reality check . . .

This is what happens when you spend the afternoon working on blog posts while ignoring your domestic duties, not to mention your children's pleas for snacks and attention. Yes, that picture is my kitchen counter. Here's a close-up of the most horrific part . . .


Half-eaten bags of chips (two kinds), Hershey's Kisses wrappers, empty milk container, two empty ketchup bottles (for hot dogs), an opened plate of Christmas cookies, and various eating implements and utensils. I think that was lunch . . . I can't really remember . . . I was too busy uploading photos of my living room:). I do know that we had to order pizza for dinner--oops!


So, I'll keep it simple today (company coming for dinner so no pizza) . . . .


We've been having a wonderful time this past week creating all sorts of snowflakes--never mind that it's hot and humid here! Our favorite flake is this one:





I first saw these lovely snowflakes last year on Ann Voskamp's blog, and she mentioned them again this year, supplying a link to a tutorial on YouTube. These are surprisingly easy and inexpensive. You can find the instructions for making these fluffy, spiral snowflakes here!

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Kristi B said...

That's awesome! I think I will attempt it this week, but it doesn't look quite as easy as you made it sound, Martha Stewart! I'll let you know how it goes :). I did read your all your latest posts - nice job! I am truly impressed...looking forward to see what you will put on tomorrow!